- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
On April 4, 2013 By Delaney Utterback
It’s Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me! like you’ve never seen it before! Because, well, normally you can’t see it — it’s a radio show.
A live staging of Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me! presented by NCM Fathom Events, NPR, WBEZ-Chicago, and BY Experience, will be beamed to select cinemas across the country on [...]Continue Reading →
On April 1, 2013 By Delaney Utterback
KRCC has some program changes to announce. More information after the jump!Continue Reading →
Off Topic is a brand new weekly hour-long radio program hosted by Colorado College professors Steven Hayward and Kathy Giuffre. The intention of the show is to constellate ideas through witty, vibrant conversation and to provide a space to explore issues and ideas in greater depth and from a perspective often absent from [...]Continue Reading →
We’ve been doing research on programs at KRCC; we’ve also been testing a few shows for the past year or so. We have some exciting changes to announce affecting our weekend line-up.Continue Reading →
Here’s a very faint glimmer of hope from the land of education funding. A report out this week from the Center on Education Policy says cuts to school budgets may be slowing in some places. Slowing. Not stopping.
In Colorado, cuts to education spending have gotten so bad the courts are now [...]Continue Reading →
We bring back Western Skies with a look at arts in the region. We take the time to look at the Colorado Springs scene, film production as an economic driver, the Broadmoor Art Academy, and more.
You can download the episode here, or listen online:
You can also head to the individual segments [...]Continue Reading →
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- James Brozo on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Sandra Knauf on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Bob Carnein on The Low Down on Meadowgrass
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Goliath
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Sophie
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Shay
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
• Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC Member
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013