- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
License and Non-Profit Designation
KRCC is licensed and regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). There has been some “deregulation” of broadcasting, but non-commercial stations still have a long list of regulations that must be followed. Violation of FCC rules may lead to the suspension of KRCC’s license and/or severe fines.
KRCC is licensed as a non-commercial, educational radio station. It is not merely a matter of taste or ideology – by law we cannot sell commercials. The lower part of the FM band (88 – 92Mhz) is reserved strictly for non-commercial stations. KRCC may not receive money for air time (or any other type of consideration) or accept money, gifts, tickets, or any other item of value in exchange for promoting something on the air.
“Consideration” is a legal term used to identify anything of value given in exchange for something else of value. The FCC intends to “maintain the non-commercial nature of public broadcasting by not allowing a broadcaster to promote the goods or services of an entity or person in return for consideration.” KRCC may promote services when no consideration is received.
- FUND RAISING: There is no FCC limitation on the amount of time the station can devote to fund raising for itself.
- TRANSITORY EVENTS: Concerts, plays, movies, and other activities may be promoted for the good of the public.
- PRIZE GIVEAWAYS: Usually used by non-commercial stations as either a “premium” to listeners who donate money to the station, or as an incentive to stimulate listenership. Identification of the donor and their address is permitted.
- UNDERWRITING (Program Sponsorship): In order to financially support the station, we may make announcements on our behalf. We may identify donors by name, business trade name, locations, and product lines – as long as there is no qualitative language used (e.g. delicious, best, professional, finest, etc.
- FUND RAISING FOR OTHERS: We may help other non-profit groups and organizations to raise money for themselves and support their activities (e.g. Fine Arts Center, Red Cross, United Way, Smokebrush Center, etc.).
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Mark Kissinger on Flooding: Yes, it Does Matter How you Arrange Those Sandbags
- Mark Kissinger on Flood Meeting Scheduled for Mountain Shadows Residents; City to Distribute More Sandbags
- Mark Kissinger on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- Mark Kissinger on Colorado Springs Council Approves $10 Million for Mitigation Work
- suesun on The Middle Distance 5.17.13: The Fitzgerald Swoon
- Sandra Knauf on The Middle Distance 5.17.13: The Fitzgerald Swoon
- Christopher Egel on Mike Procell: The Star Wrassler
- Ben on Water Restrictions Set for Colorado Springs
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
KRCC presents JOHN PRINE
Saturday, May 4th – Pikes Peak Center
Reserved seating on sale now at all Ticketswest locations, or on line at www.ticketswest.com
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013