- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
The New York-based Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund, or TLDEF is filing a complaint with the Colorado Division of Civil Rights against Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8. KRCC’s Eliza Densmore reports.
Transgender 6-year-old Coy Mathis identifies as a girl and was told by her school district last December she could no longer use the girl’s restroom. Her parents have homeschooled her since.
TLDEF Executive Director Michael Silverman says the group is filing the complaint on behalf of Coy because the district’s policy is not in accordance with the state’s anti-discrimination laws.
“By forcing Coy to be the only girl in school who uses a different bathroom than everyone else, they will stigmatize her, it will lead to harassment, it will lead to discrimination, and it will lead to bullying. Coy needs to have the same educational opportunities that every Colorado student has.”
According to the Colorado Division of Civil Rights website, the review process can take six months to a year.
A School District 8 spokesperson could not be reached for comment. The district had said Coy could use the staff bathrooms or the one in the nurse’s office.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Bob Carnein on The Low Down on Meadowgrass
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Goliath
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Sophie
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Shay
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Tiger
- Mark Kissinger on Flooding: Yes, it Does Matter How you Arrange Those Sandbags
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
• Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC Member
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013