- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
Round-Up: Gov. signs wildfire executive orders; Sen. Udall pushes for air tanker acquisition; Chinooks arrive at Fort Carson
Governor John Hickenlooper announced new initiatives yesterday to try and make Colorado better prepared for wildfires. State officials say they’re also planning for a drought this summer and a potentially bad fire season. Bente Birkeland has more from the state capitol.
Meanwhile, Colorado Democratic Senator Mark Udall is urging the US Forest Service to accelerate their acquisition of eight new firefighting air tankers ahead of this year’s wildfire season. Udall says the new planes have been tied up in red tape.
But Jennifer Jones, a spokeswoman for the Forest Service, says despite the contract delays for the new planes, there are already enough air tankers on hand for the upcoming wildfire season.
“We are expecting to have up to 25 large air tankers available for fire suppression nationwide. That would include up to 9 large air tankers on exclusive use contracts, up to 8 CV 580’s through agreements with the Canadian interagency forest fire center, and 8 military C130’s equipped with modular airborne firefighting systems.”
Jones says air tankers only play a role in the national firefighting effort and that it’s the firefighters on the ground who put out wildfires.
Three Chinook helicopters have been delivered to Fort Carson for a new combat aviation brigade. The Army says the CH-47D Chinooks were transferred from the 1st Combat Aviation Brigade at Fort Riley, Kansas, this week. Fort Carson will be the home of the 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, which will have up to 2,700 soldiers and 113 helicopters. Activation of the unit is expected in April.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Bob Carnein on The Low Down on Meadowgrass
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Goliath
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Sophie
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Shay
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Tiger
- Mark Kissinger on Flooding: Yes, it Does Matter How you Arrange Those Sandbags
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
• Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC Member
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013