- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
Inaiah Lujan–crooner and songsmith of Haunted Windchimes and Sugar Sounds fame–released today a collection of rough cuts and lo-fi recordings of twelve songs that he wrote in 2012. As he describes on his bandcamp page, the recordings on this digital album were never necessarily intended for public consumption…
What we have here is a song journal, a collection of the songs I have written and recorded this past year in their earliest stages and rarest forms.
I have got into the habit of always recording my songs on my phone, it’s always on me and my memory isn’t what it used to be when it comes to remembering newer tunes. It’s also a good way to evaluate and edit, and surely has been a major component in my song writing process.
Being that they are phone recordings, the tracks are varying in quality. Some of the tracks were recorded in a tour van while on the road with The Haunted Windchimes, some in kitchens and livingrooms, in bathrooms and near rivers. Any place really, that I could sneak away for a short moment to be alone with my guitar. Some of the songs you will recognize as being Haunted Windchimes songs or from my most recent project Dog Days, but before they’ve been fully realized and arranged. There are a few songs that I had even forgotten about, and some that take me right back to the place I wrote them.
Production quality aside, this collection is a testament to Lujan’s talent as a songwriter. In fact, the roughness of the recordings seems to actually foreground the haunting beauty of his melodies and guitar/banjo arrangements. Check out the song “Spinning The Wheel” below, and head to his bandcamp page to hear/download the album in its entirety.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Goliath
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Sophie
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Shay
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Tiger
- Mark Kissinger on Flooding: Yes, it Does Matter How you Arrange Those Sandbags
- Mark Kissinger on Flood Meeting Scheduled for Mountain Shadows Residents; City to Distribute More Sandbags
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
• Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC Member
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013