- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
Colorado Springs city council spent much of the afternoon discussing measures for April’s municipal ballot. The issues include council pay, an elected Utilities Board of Directors, and an elected City Attorney. Before council began deliberating the issues though, Mayor Steve Bach suggested that instead of debating individual charter amendments, there could be an overall charter review.
“I think we could expedite that over six months, and bring charter amendments that hopefully would be on a consensus basis to the November ballot. I’m very concerned about a piecemeal approach to changing our charter.”
Bach said the review would need to start immediately. As of late afternoon, the Trails and Open Space, or TOPS measure without the Maintenance of Effort portion passed 7-2. Councilors Jan Martin and Brandy Williams voted against the measure. Martin said she wanted the Maintenance of Effort to remain in place. The city council then moved on to discussing compensation, which has not yet had a vote. Councilors also confirmed the nine-member Drake Task Force, which begins meeting at the end of the week.
Update, 5:04 PM: Council compensation measure passes on a 5-4 vote with Councilors Bernie Herpin, Merv Bennett, Angela Dougan and Tim Leigh opposed.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Goliath
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Sophie
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Shay
- HSPPR on Humane Society Pet of the Day: Tiger
- Mark Kissinger on Flooding: Yes, it Does Matter How you Arrange Those Sandbags
- Mark Kissinger on Flood Meeting Scheduled for Mountain Shadows Residents; City to Distribute More Sandbags
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
• Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC Member
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013