- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
Winter means many things to many people: holidays, roasted chestnuts, snow men/forts/balls/angels, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), etc. For me, one particular association has always trumped the rest… ice skating. In my home state of Minnesota, free outdoor skating opportunities abound during the winter, and I took full advantage of them growing up. So, I was understandably thrilled to hear that the Downtown Partnership of Colorado Springs would be temporarily installing a skating rink in Acacia Park, open for free to the public every day from noon to 8pm through December 9th.
In the spirit of the season, Craig Richardson and I decided to take advantage of this new public offering. We made our way down to Acacia Park, skates in tote, and took to the ice. (Well, it’s not really ice in the traditional sense of the term; it’s actually a hard plastic surface covered with a thin layer of watered-down vegetable oil, but it’s a pretty close approximation.) Craig filmed the experience, and as we reviewed the footage, we noticed something truly remarkable about the little skating routine that I put together for the occasion. As it turns out, my performance bore an uncanny resemblance to Jill Trenary’s 1990 US Figure Skating Championships gold medal winning program. Craig and I matched up the footage, and, sadly, the plagiarism is undeniable. See for yourself…
I encourage you to head down to the Acacia Park rink while you still can. As mentioned above, skating is free (although a donation to the Empty Stocking Fund is encouraged), and the rink is open noon-8pm on weekdays, 10am-8pm Saturday and Sunday. Skate around, do some axels, toe loops, spirals, spins–who knows which former champions you may be channelling.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Liz Arnold on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Ann Skinner on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Kathryn Eastburn on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- James Brozo on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Sandra Knauf on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Bob Carnein on The Low Down on Meadowgrass
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC MemberSOLD OUT
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013