- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
Colorado Springs has seen less than an inch of precipitation so far this fall. As KRCC’s Katherine-Claire O’Connor reports, continued drought could impact water use come spring.
The National Weather Service says it’s not uncommon to have warm and dry conditions every ten years or so. It’s no surprise then Colorado Springs Utilities is seeing an increase of water usage by four million gallons per day. Water engineer Abby Ortega says they’re watching the situation closely.
“Our system is set up to be fairly drought tolerant. But we have activated our drought response team. Which means as an organization we’re looking at what it will take to implement restrictions, and sort of activating those teams and having people on the ready to go into restrictions. I wouldn’t say we are panicked or super overly concerned. We know how to respond to a drought.”
Ortega says the mountains need to receive higher than average snow this season to avoid possible water restrictions. Forecasters say while it’s difficult to predict long-term, they expect some snow in December, but over-all a dryer than average winter.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Peter Wenclesz on The Low Down on Meadowgrass
- sharon berthrong on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- hannah on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Liz Arnold on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Ann Skinner on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Kathryn Eastburn on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- James Brozo on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Sandra Knauf on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC MemberSOLD OUT
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013