- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
Fort Carson is hosting nearly 300 soldiers and 30 helicopters from Fort Riley in Kansas for high altitude training. KRCC’s Eliza Densmore reports.
The goal is to acclimate Fort Riley soldiers to the altitude and terrain of Colorado, which is similar to that of Afghanistan. Fort Carson spokeswoman Dee McNutt says the soldiers will fly in the mountains to gage how the landscape affects helicopters.
“We have corridors that they fly in, we have agreements with the local forest service and other government agencies where they fly to when they do landing and flying through the corridors.”
McNutt says the training isn’t anything new for the base. Almost every aviation unit in the army has come to Fort Carson for this training. Soldiers will be flying Blackhawk, Apache, and Kiowa aircrafts. The training runs through mid-December.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Mark Kissinger on Flooding: Yes, it Does Matter How you Arrange Those Sandbags
- Mark Kissinger on Flood Meeting Scheduled for Mountain Shadows Residents; City to Distribute More Sandbags
- Mark Kissinger on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- Mark Kissinger on Colorado Springs Council Approves $10 Million for Mitigation Work
- suesun on The Middle Distance 5.17.13: The Fitzgerald Swoon
- Sandra Knauf on The Middle Distance 5.17.13: The Fitzgerald Swoon
- Christopher Egel on Mike Procell: The Star Wrassler
- Ben on Water Restrictions Set for Colorado Springs
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
KRCC presents JOHN PRINE
Saturday, May 4th – Pikes Peak Center
Reserved seating on sale now at all Ticketswest locations, or on line at www.ticketswest.com
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013