- On-Air Playlist
- Program Schedule
- Community Calendar
- Sponsor Directory
- Featured Programs
- Arts & Life
- Support KRCC | Underwrite
At a rescheduled campaign stop in Pueblo Monday, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney criticized president Obama’s handling of the economy and the situation in the Middle East. KRCC’s Shanna Lewis reports about 2000 people turned out for the event at the Pueblo airport.
Romney told supporters energy independence is key to his economic plan – and he promised that could happen in eight years’ time.
…and that means we’re going to drill more on government lands in government waters we’re going to open up Alaska and we’re also going to build that pipeline in from Canada to get some of that oil.
Romney’s plans for opening up energy development were good news to Puebloan Paula Belden, who says she’s a registered Democrat.
I’m extremely excited about using the resources we have in Colorado. If we can become energy independent, that is so important. I don’t want one more American life lost because of oil and we all know that’s what it’s about.
Belden says Romney has her vote, even though she wishes he supported a widely-debated tax credit for wind energy as well. Uncertainty over that credit is the reason given by wind tower maker Vestas for laying off workers in Colorado.
Romney also told the Pueblo crowd he’d eliminate taxes on capital gains and dividends for people making under $200,000 a year.
The Obama Campaign meanwhile calls the extension of the wind production tax credit critical, and says it supports around 5,000 jobs in Colorado.
- Spring 2013 Membership Drive$250,000 out of $250,000 raised so far
Get The Big Something EmailEmail Marketing by iContact
- Ann Skinner on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Kathryn Eastburn on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- James Brozo on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Sandra Knauf on The Middle Distance 5/24/13: At Their Own Hands
- Bob Carnein on The Low Down on Meadowgrass
- Mary Ellen Davis on Robert Adams: Photographs of a Changing Landscape
- Robyn Martin on Colorado Springs Mayor Unveils Plan for Homeless Campus
- HSPPR on HSPPR Pet of the Day: Goliath
Ticket hours: noon-6p Tues-Fri
on the phone or at the studio.
2013 MEADOWGRASS MUSIC FESTIVAL – featuring Blitzen Trapper, Kristen Hersh, Anais Mitchell, Chauncy Crandall & the Rocket Flies, Sera Cahoone, and many many many many more!
Three days and nights of music at beautiful La Foret in Black Forest – Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th, 25th, and 26th.
Full festival details through www.meadowgrassmusicfestival.org
KRCC Member discount tickets available only at the KRCC Studios – 912 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs, or by calling 719-473-4801 or 1-800-748-2727.
MeadowGrass Pricing and Ticket Information:
• KRCC is selling tickets to MEMBERS of the STATION until Thursday for Friday’s Events, and until Friday for Saturday and Sunday. NO SALES ON SATURDAY. NO GENERAL PUBLIC TICKET SALES AT KRCC.
• Camping is SOLD OUT.
• Day of tickets sale ON SITE ONLY.
• Full festival passes are $90 non-member, $75 KRCC Member
Day passes are $50 non-member, $40 KRCC MemberSOLD OUT
7th Annual Blues Under The Bridge – July 20th, 2013
WATERMELON SLIM & THE WORKERS, JOHN HAMMOND, BLUES CARAVAN W/ JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR, THE SLIDE BROTHERS, D.B. REILLY, and THE JUST US LEAGUE
www.BluesUnderTheBridge.com for festival information
KRCC Member tickets on sale for $25. General Public tickets on sale for $35. VIP tickets $91.50. Day of show tickets $40 at the west gate. Tickets available through www.TicketFly.com or at KRCC.
Pre-festival Party Friday July 19th from 5-8pm at the Wyndham Grand Mining Exchange with Watermelon Slim, and Big Jim Adams!
Pikes Peak Center, Saturday October 12th, 2013 8pm
KRCC member pre-show meet and greet opportunity 6:30-7:30pm – pre-show meet and greet tickets available for $40 to members ONLY at the station.
Advance KRCC member tickets on sale now through August 2nd through www.TicketsWest.com. Enter member promo code and click find.
General Public tickets on sale August 2nd, 2013